Friday, May 30, 2008

Newsletter May '08

Newsletter: May ‘08


Dear Living God,

This month’s newsletter is merely a letter of thanks and appreciation. Thanks to your graciousness, Amy and I were able to spend two weeks away from all church duties while we retrieved our adopted son from Ethiopia. Since returning Amy and I are settling in nicely with Elijah. He is truly a joyous addition to our home. Already, Amy and I cannot imagine life without him. Also, we cannot thank you enough for the way Living God has welcomed our adoption plans since the beginning of what became nearly a two year process. During that time Amy and I went through a roller coaster ride of emotions from fear to exuberance. Meanwhile, the members of Living God remained steadfastly supportive. We are deeply grateful to be members of Living God Lutheran Church.

The month of May will be for me a tale of two months; I will begin the month very much the way I did April; spending as much time as possible away from church matters in order to focus on continuing to build a very necessary bond with Elijah. During the first part of the month we will be integrating Joyce, Elijah’s nanny, into the dynamics of our home. If all goes smoothly, and we expect that it will, by the end of the month I will have transitioned back into some resemblance of the same routine as your pastor that was discontinued while I adjusted to parenthood during April.

Please accept our warmest and deepest thanks for your support, your prayers, and your graciousness.

Below is a couple of our favorite pictures from Ethiopia. Soon we hope to be able to make some room clear in our schedule to offer you a presentation of pictures and videos from our trip.


Faithfully,
+Pastor Rich








No comments:

Pastor Rich

Pastor Rich