Tuesday, October 30, 2012

MANNA: 10/30/12



Hurricane Sandy has just blown through with greater than 75mph winds and more then 10 inches of rain.  There is widespread flooding and power outages.  As I type this, I am reminded of how thankful I am to have power.  The news channels are reporting relief efforts that have begun in my area, and there is a  forecast of huge amounts of snow in WV as the storm moves west.  

How vulnerable and small we are.   

Psalm 46:1-3
God is our refuge and strength,

a very present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way,
though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea,
though its waters roar and foam,
though the mountains tremble at its swelling.


God is our refuge and strength.
                    Breathe....inhale, exhale....
                                       God is our refuge...
                                                       and strength.

One of my favorite authors/preachers is Rob Bell.  A few years ago, he and his media team put out a video series called Nooma.  The first in the series was titled RAIN, and with it Rob Bell captured the essence of what it means to trust and believe that "God is our refuge and strength".  

Watch the video, see for yourself.




Prayer:  God, you are my refuge and strength.  you hold me tight through the storms.  You whisper your Word of hope into my soul.  You know the way home.  Lead me, guide me, deliver me, carry me.  I'm yours.  Amen




For more about Rob Bell, here's a few links.

Rob Bell Wikipedia

The Work of Rob Bell

Rob Bell's Church


No comments:

Pastor Rich

Pastor Rich